Help the Friends of the Waltham Public Library, Inc. (FWPL) support a new program for the entire community: Watch! Read! Listen! We invite you to participate in the fundraiser on June 3, 2016 - a fun and celebratory evening that includes friends, hors d’oeuvres, live music, and a silent auction. Sign up for sponsorship and tickets today.
Funded by the City of Waltham, the Waltham Public Library is a vital engine of the American Dream, offering information, recreation, education, and technology, free of charge, to all - regardless of income, age, education, or background.
The Friends of the Waltham Public Library is a non-profit 501(c)(3) dedicated to the support of the library. We join with the Library Trustees in advocating for the convenient hours and services and a properly funded city library budget. In addition, the Friends assist in areas that are above and beyond the municipal budget, sponsoring projects including:
- Summer reading programs for children and teens - over 550 participants last year!
- Instructional and educational programs
- Readings, concerts, and arts programs
- An extensive feature film collection - over 14,000 DVDs and Blu-Rays
- Discount museum passes for over 20 area attractions
- Laptops and other equipment for in-library use - just under 100,000 public computer sessions last year!
- The William R. Mawhinney Scholarship Fund
Please join us in supporting continuing service and technology improvements to your library, an essential community resource and a cornerstone of our democracy.
Please join our email list where you can sign up to receive email alerts about library events, our book club, children's programs, and our film collection.