Funded by the City of Waltham, the Public Library is a vital engine of the American Dream, offering information, education, technology, and assistance free of charge to all --regardless of income, age, education, or background.
The Friends of the Waltham Public Library is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the support of the library. We join with the Library Trustees in advocating for the convenient hours and services and a properly funded city library budget. In addition, the Friends assist in areas that are above and beyond the municipal budget, sponsoring projects including:
- Summer reading programs for children and teens - over 550 participants last year
- Dozens of instructional and educational programs each year
- Dozens of readings, concerts, and arts programs each year
- An extensive feature film collection - over 14,000 DVDs and Blu-Rays
- Discount passes for over 20 area museums
- Laptop computers and other equipment for library use - just under 100,000 public computer sessions last year
- The William R. Mawhinney Scholarship Fund
Please join us in supporting continuing service and technology improvements to your library, an essential community resource and a cornerstone of our democracy.
Celebrating 150 years in 2015 - Join the party!